Apple iPhone 5 with Bigger Screens and Cooler Features
Apple sixth generation iPhone will feature larger screens of 4 inches from corner to corner, a roughly 30 percent increase in viewing area. Apple has used a 3.5-inch screen since introducing the iPhone in 2007.
Of course, there is no official word yet. But seeing how popular the Galaxy Note is, despite earlier criticisms of it being too big, I think larger screens is the way to go. There could also be more cool features incorporated into iPhone 5.
1. Crack-Proof Glass. Apple’s patent for crack-resistant glass, uses the same alumino silicate glass solution in iPhone 4 and 4S, but chemically treats it with potassium and sodium ions to achieve greater compression surface thresholds on the surface and glass edges.
2. Advanced Haptics. Apple’s new haptics feedback system allows a user to interact with the content on the screen by touching it, which is accomplished with sensors and actuators working simultaneously.
3. 3D Photography and 3D Object Recognition.
4. Apple Avatars.
5. Near-Field Communication.
6. The iWallet. Apple won a major patent on March 6 for a piece of technology called the “iWallet,” which is a digital system that gives users complete control over their subsidiary financial accounts on their iPhones, and also leverages Near-Field Communication technology to complete credit card transactions directly on the phone as well.
What other features will you like to see in the iPhone 5?
Paul is a geek who shares his thoughts on technology, gadgets, social networks and football in this blog. Stay in touch with his updates by subscribing to the RSS feeds or Email. Thanks for visiting Seventoten and leaving a comment. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box.